Monday, May 14, 2018

Custom Wall Hanging

28" x 36"

This was a custom request from my shop and I just wanted to post some info about in case I need it later. I am always forgetting and wishing I had it wrote down somewhere or forgetting where I wrote it down. Must be getting old!

1. Remember to reverse any letters/numbers before you trace on Heat n Bond Lite!!!
2. Shorten stitch length on raw edge applique.
3. For satin stitch I used the settings 3.5 and 0.3 and thread matches top fabric.
4. Corner hangers are cut 4" square and sewn on with a needle position of 4.7.

Nope, I have no idea why they wanted that appliqued other than it is a gift for a wedding. I did a straight stitch on the black letters and a satin stitch on the all the red pieces. The background was quilted first so that I wouldn't have to stitch around the applique. I thought I had seen Vicki do that before, but the stitching lines can be seen (not the thread, but the texture) under the applique. Maybe it looks better if you wash it?

3 comments:

  1. You got a new look to your blog!! Yes I do a lot of my appliques that way. Did you use fusible on the back of the heart? If you use a one sided fusible interfacing instead that should eliminate the lines of the quilting coming through. And a lot of mine I don't use anything on the applique piece. I might starch the applique really stiff before appliquing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    I think it looks fabulous with the quilting lines showing through. I'm 100% sure your customer will not notice it nor care at all. Hmm, I do wonder about the back story on it so I guess I'll have to make something up. HAHA! Good job sharing the details for prosperity! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...