Thursday, April 19, 2018

Ships and Sailors - A New Pattern

Introducing my new pattern called Ships and Sailors! It comes in 6 sizes from Baby to King. The pattern includes directions for a 3 fabric quilt from yardage or a multi-fabric quilt from fat quarters. 



This blue quilt is a large lap generously sized at 70.5" square. It is made from 3 different blue fabrics, a light, a medium, and a dark.  It shows off the pattern nicely with the dark fabric as the anchor. (Pun intended!)


This green and black version is a small lap quilt sized at 56.5" by 70.5". This one is made from fat quarters. I love that you can still see the blocks, and it almost sparkles like gems.


You might be wondering where I came up with a name like Ships and Sailors. The name comes from a game my kids like to play. They learned it at camp several years ago. It is very similar to Simon Says, but it involves a captain and his shipmates. As I was designing this pattern, I thought of this game. Mostly because I was working with blue (it's my favorite color) and the blocks remind me of boating.

You can find Ships and Sailors as a PDF  in my pattern shop at Etsy.

Linking with My Quilt Infatuation, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Crazy Mom QuiltsBusy Hands Quilts and Free Motion by the River.

9 comments:

  1. It looks so different in the scrappy version and I love it! Great design. I'm going to check it out. Die-cutter friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great...congrats on releasing another pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon,
    How did I miss commenting on this new pattern? It was over a week ago . . . and it has been in the back of my mind ever since. I truly cannot believe both colorways are from the same pattern. In the blue one, I distinctly see the pinwheels and the alternate block, while in the green and black it isn't nearly as obvious. And as big of a fan of pinwheels that I am, I am leaning toward the green and black version. I think this version is going on my to-do list shortly and the pattern is coming on home to Wisconsin for me. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts and congrats on the new pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pattern! The different color ways have something different to focus on. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...