Friday, February 2, 2018

Queen Size Spool Quilt


95 x 105

This is a remake of an older quilt using modern fabrics. I don't know the name of it, I just saw a picture of the quilt. Those little HSTs finish at 1.5"!  I used the wondercut ruler to cut all the HSTs. But the small size made them a bear to sew. I'm saying this now so I remember next time someone asks me to make them. 


She chose 7 different fabrics for the brown spools and over 30 different colored fabrics for the colored prints. I had some scraps from the last two quilts I have made for her and was able to use some of them for the large squares. I love the navy and white borders. Let's the center shine.


Linking with Busy Hands Quilts and Crazy Mom Quilts.

10 comments:

  1. So cute - I like how the alternate blocks and all the white space give the spools room to "breathe." A fresh modern take on a traditional pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your quilt on the Finished or Not Friday entry. Love it! Congrats on a finish. Liz in Houston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might have been a pain to make the small HST's, but sure adds a bunch to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those triangles are little, but they make the quilt so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very unusual Spool quilt. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice finish! You know, this is a beautiful quilt with all the details and colors! I bet those HSTs were a bear to sew! When I first saw it, I immediately thought of multicolored baseballs - as the HSTs look like the thread on baseballs! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful fresh quilt. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I've been having fun catching up on your blog this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...