Thursday, December 1, 2016

Purple Diamonds

 50 x 60

These are some of my favorite colors! I used the same fabrics from my Falling Stars quilt except I changed the background color to Navy.  It's actually called Kona Cotton Nightfall. The squares were cut 6" sewn into half square triangles and trimmed to 5.5"


I wanted to quilt something different on the prints and the navy, but I wasn't sure how to get around the quilt on my longarm. So I asked some people on facebook for some suggestions. Going with some of their suggestions, I quilted e's and l's in medium blue thread on the prints and 2 straight lines in navy on the navy. I wanted to quilt more straight lines on the navy, but it didn't make sense time wise and it looked good without it.


I added a wide strip to the back as always because I never seem to have enough backing fabric. But you know I like to do that anyway. A pop of color on the back helps make the quilt special.



Linking with Needle and Thread Thursday, Finished or Not Friday, and Crazy Mom Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. I love how the quilting shows on the back. Beautiful! I like to piece my backs as well. Especially if I have leftover fabric from the front. This one is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in this one too! And your quilting looks so pretty. Your e's and l's are so even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors are just scrumptious!! I really need to do that layout sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...