Friday, November 25, 2016

Country Brick Quilt



51 x 63

I made this brick quilt with the leftover fat quarter pieces from the Castle Dreams quilt. I added an accent fabric and a few browns.  This quilt has a totally different look that castle dreams even though I used the same fabric.


 The accent fabric is the cream fabric with brown leaves. I chose it because there were no light prints in the collection. It softens up the quilt more than a dark fabric would have.   I quilted it in a meander and added a strip to the back to make the green fabric big enough. I even got all my scraps cut and put away from every quilt I have made recently.


I'm feeling pretty good about only having one quilt in the works. I guess it's time to go play with some fabric and see what quilts I want to make for the rest of the year.  That's the fun part of quilting!

Linking with: Crazy Mom Quilts 

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

3 comments:

  1. It's very pretty and nice to see what it looks like without a solid background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very soothing color. I really like this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fabrics look so pretty together. Congrats on another finish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...