Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Charming Plus Quilt

54 x 66
This is my Charming Plus quilt for the Charming Plus Quilt-A-Long that was hosted by Tisha from Quilty Therapy. I chose to use up my scraps from my 2.5" and 5" scrap bins. I had so much fun going through my scraps and picking out the fabrics.


As it turns out, I was able to use some of my weirder scraps because they blend in so well.  I have a piece that says "I love you", a few Christmas scraps, and a piece that is mostly red (you might be able to find it in the photo above).


I added some fun to the back by using 5" squares to make bigger blocks.  I just didn't have enough bright colors to make any more than this and I ran out of black, white, and gray prints too. This quilt really goes through the scraps!


I went with a grayish looking back and black binding to try to make my quilt more adult looking.  It's a bright and happy quilt that should make someone smile! Thanks to Tisha for hosting this fun quilt a long!

5 comments:

  1. Fun, bright, and cheery it doesn't get better than that does it!! I love that you added the big blocks to the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love it. You have inspired me to make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could play in your scrap bins. This is such a bright, cheerful quilt. And I love the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Gotta feel great to use up those scraps. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...