Saturday, March 12, 2016

In Laid Tiles



56 x 64

Got another fabric off the list!  I used this floral print in a modern pattern and it turned out great.  You might not consider it a Hard to Use fabric, but for me it was.  Totally not my style of print. Can I tell you I love this block?  It finishes at 8 inches.


I can't remember where I saw a picture of it, but it was on a site from a quilt shop that was having an ugly fabric contest.  Someone had turned a super ugly print into a beautiful quilt using this block.  Since I liked it so much, I grabbed another print and plan on trying it with that one, but my fabric pull is not as bright and colorful as this one.  I'll let you know how it goes.





Like always, I used the rest on the back!  Gone, gone, gone! That's my second and final HTU fabric this month.  Glad I'm done until next month.  I'm now working on some quilts made from bright and cheery solids!


A Quilted Passion

6 comments:

  1. I love this! Using this fabric with that pattern was such as good idea, especially paired with these beautiful solids. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I correct in that each block is made with the prints exactly in the same position and then you flip the block upside down? Can ya tell I love it too! I think it is the pop of aqua that made it modern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really like that quilt! It has a great vibe to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pattern is great with the fabrics. I like that you're working on a set number every of HTU fabrics and then making some funner projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an incredible block. Great job! I now need to add this to my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing ugly about what I see here ! Love this quilt !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...