Monday, December 15, 2014

Square in the Corner





I'm calling this one Square in the corner for lack of a better name.  The squares large square finishes at 6 inches.   I love the color combo of pink, gray and teal.  The black and gray print gives your eye a something to look at.  Very easy pattern.  I used 4 pink, 4 teal, and 3 gray fabrics.


I stitched in the ditch around the black square sets and meandered the rest.  I wanted to make the little squares stand out.  I couldn't quilt anything inside the little squares because of the print, but the outlining is enough.  The back is a minky with matching colors.  Not too happy with this one because the back was too small.  I had to stretch it to finish the quilting.  So you can see some rippling along the bottom.  Hoping that when I wash it, it will get better.  They can't all be perfect now can they!




3 comments:

  1. I really like this quilt. I have 2 charms packs that would make a great a great baby quilt. Too bad they are already packed! Great quilt to show off fun fabrics. Thanks for sharing Shannon - Have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the added interest of the little black squares. Such a fun way to dress up a patchwork quilt. And any ripples won't be noticed when someone is cuddled up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice I like the colors you chose and what a nice 'pop' the black gives it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...