Friday, January 18, 2013

Josie's Quilt

Not the best shot of my oldest girls, but the quilt was too big for one person!  It's a twin size for my little 2 year old princess who loves pink and purple!  She even got to participate by pulling pins for me as I sewed the blocks together.  She was very possessive of her quilt!


This quilt took such a long time because I seam allowance was off and I had to redo most of the pink and white blocks.  Agh!  I seemed to set it aside way too much and work on other things.


But the batting was coming in so I wanted to get it ready.  This was my second attempt at free motion loops and flowers.  I used smaller flowers this time.  (Some of them look like butterflies.)  Need more practice! And I quilted in purple to see how much it would stand out.  It does, but the front has quilt a bit of purple on it.  This is a shot of the back strip.  


More quilts are done but they need binding before I can post them.  But that will have to wait until we finish painting the sewing room which we just started on!  And there's school on Monday, and dentist apppointments, and.... well you know.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the back of your Princess' quilt. I have a great pink and purple polka dot fabric that would be great to use for the back ground. I just might have to pull it out and get busy. Great quilt - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...